Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Randomly Collected

The new carpet is in. And wow. I'm amazed at what a difference it makes! It's something we've wanted to do for a long time; we are so thankful that the Lord provided a generous tax return for 2007. The carpets are already bringing us great delight, and we also know that they will be a worthwhile investment in our home.

Here are a few before and afters:
Yes, Phoebe's carpets were that gross. I told you we'd wanted carpets for a long time!

Much better, don't you think? I'm pooped, but the carpets look great!

Also, I found out about a great new home remedy for Phoebe's...upset tummy. I already knew about the BRAT diet, and we've been trying to follow that as best we can. But after talking to the nurse today, she informed me that Chick-fil-A waffle fries (or french fries in general) are also helpful in alleviating diarrhea. No really. I would seriously not make this up! We are so going through the drive-thru later today for some lemonade and fries.

And that, my friends, is about all I can muster for today. Impressive, no? A more exciting update to come tomorrow... it's my weekly visit with Dr. D!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful carpet! phoebe's room looks so nice! great job to you two for all the millions of things going on, and topping it off with brand new, gorgeous carpet. you guys are amazing@

Carolynn said...

The carpet looks FANTASTIC! On a sdI_
D_
DAEA_
ASDD)_______ KNDVKNHNFCHHNVNVCJXJIIH BBJBVJNCFNC

That was a brief PSA from Callahan.

On to what I was trying to say...we are ALWAYS looking for good excuses to go to Chick fil A! Who knew I would get a Dr.'s excuse?!?

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the new carpet! can't wait to walk barefoot through each room! Remember to send dad the office youtube video on allison's blog...and the name is "Hymns & Choruses BLENDED IN WORSHIP" Green Hill Productions, Brentwood TN Rest now, my darling, while dollie does...big, big love and huge missing you's :-)