I am not so delusional as to think that "thinking happy thoughts" has any more power than your regular old hocus pocus or superstitious behavior. But really, I'm having to pray every six seconds or so that the Lord would orient my mind to more joyful thoughts right now. I mean, I am really having to look up instead of around at what all is falling down around these parts.
Like, here are a few things I should be pretty down about right now:
- I am feeling about 70 percent yucky. I'll spare you the details, but it started a couple of days ago, and it just lingers uncomfortably. I have a doctor's appointment for this afternoon to hopefully get a round of antibiotics started and get this thing knocked out.
- Phoebe is cutting another tooth, which means short naps, short sleep at night, and all around irritability.
- At around 1 this morning, Phoebe woke us up crying...which is not abnormal during this teething phase. But when I popped the teething tablets in her little mouth, I realized she was burning up. In spite of the constant tylenol-motrin cycle, her fever has stayed about the same, or even gone up. I am pretty sure she's way too sick looking for this just to be teeth.
- We slept in two hour "spurts" last night. Two hours on, one hour off, repeat.
- Michael is completely over the yuck he had last week, so right now it's only two out of three with a sick-something going on.
- We got some sleep last night!
- What's going on with me is completely unrelated to Phoebe, we think. So I hopefully won't spike a fever along with her (unless she shares what she's got).
- Phoebs is currently napping like a little sweetheart, catching up on some rest.
- Nandy is going to help out this afternoon however she can, so that I can see the doctor and not bring along a sick baby, too.
- Winter came back! It was so nice to be able to throw on a jacket this morning instead of flip-flops...I just wasn't quite ready for a balmy 70 degrees in February.
But I'm going to spend the rest of Phoebe's naptime under the green blanket, thank you very much.