Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Februarys

Somehow, February sneaked up on me. Really. I blinked, and the calendar page turned. I think I missed January somewhere in the middle of unkept resolutions and mysterious viruses. I'd like to look back at my blog entries for January to see how many of them reference sick days, but then I think that would be entirely too depressing.

It's been a long day/week/month... so I'm thankful that God is merciful, and that He builds new beginnings into our calendar. His mercies are new every morning. Which is good, because after days like today, let's just say I need some of His new mercies.

In other news, I do think the sickness around here is subsiding. Phoebe's pretty much back to normal, and Nora's happy -- if filled with some really nasty chest congestion and a scary sounding cough. [By the way, we decided it was unnecessary to swab her to determine if it was RSV, but steroid/antibiotic treatments seemed to do the trick.] Also notable is that during the yuckiest part of Nora's illness, we stopped using the swaddle blanket...and never returned. So naptimes are a little shorter, but I think we'll eventually adjust.

Anyway, Michael has just brought the popcorn in and I think he'd prefer if I didn't type while eating buttery, salty popcorn; I'm signing off for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope you have a healthier february!