Monday, February 9, 2009

4 Months Old

Nora is four months old today, which I find pretty much unbelievable. Just about a year ago, we found out we were expecting this sweet little thing... and I think it has been a full, wild year since then

Four months seems to be the time -- at least for me -- that I feel like I can start joining the "normal" train. After a long year that included all-day sickness, a rambunctious toddler, weight gain, back aches, energy loss, childbirth, and sleepless nights, it's nice to see a slow return to routine.

And since we've had two children in less than four years of marriage, it's apparent that I have no idea what routine really is.

But back to Nora.

This sweet bundle of love brings us more joy every single solitary day. What a happy baby! And I mean it! Face-filling grins and belly laughs are de rigeur around here. Nora is one fantastic little distraction, for all of us.

In the past month, it's become obvious to us that Nora is no longer a newborn. A few highlights:
  • She's eating a lot. We're about to graduate to the "big bottles", and I don't think Phoebe even saw those until she was six or seven months old.
  • Nora can wear some things in a 3-6 month size, depending on what it is. Yes, she's a little roly poly... but I think she's outgrowing things in length before they become too tight. I'm about to have to bring down my next tub of clothes to find sleepers that fit!
  • She's rolling over when I put her on her tummy. When she's on her tummy, she also pushes up pretty well on her arms -- when she's not trying to roll over, that is. Nora has also rolled over once from back to tummy, but mostly she just winds up on her side.
  • She's started moving around on her back, turning her positions. It's fun to see how she scoots around while I'm doing the diaper derby!
  • Nora loves to be tickled...especially by her own hands! I can usually coax out a great belly laugh that way.
  • Nora talks all the time, with this sweet gurgly coo. I love, love, love to hear her talk!
  • She sits in the bumbo, but gets pretty squirmy in it. I'm thinking we might have another busy baby on our hands!
  • Nora's really starting to interact with toys more. When you put something in her hands, she'll grasp it, crinkle it, etc...it's fun to see her start to focus on things more! However, her favorite entertainment is US!

I'm not even going to attempt to detail her schedule right now, since we've been off a bit since she got sick. She's been waking up again during the night to eat for the past week or so, but slept through the night last night... so right now it's pretty hit or miss. We're hoping to get her back on her usual schedule as soon as possible! (I'm thinking I may have moved her to a four hour schedule too soon!)

We are so thankful for our sweet Norabelle... what a delight it is to watch her grow!

Edited to Add: At the pediatrician, Nora weighed in at 13 pounds 8 ounces (50%ile) and 25 1/4 inches long (80%ile). She's a growing girl!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! i can't believe she's already 4 months old. those pictures are so adorable. what a fun stage of life!

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable, but I can't believe she's already 4 months old...time flies too fast!!

Anonymous said...

I think my heart just got a hug through the computer screen! What a delightful bundle of joy! It's the 2nd one...there is just something so wild and giggly and fun about them...speck so... hence, my Kel!
LOVE the pictures! Keep them coming! Love, ms. ann