Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Come Sail Away

There is nothing like getting away with the one you love the best! I know that Michael has already posted this picture on his blog, but I totally don't care. It pretty much sums up our weekend -- sunny, cuddly, and a whole lot of fun! We literally did nothing but lay by the pool. Which is why we both have a bit of a sunburn, but that's ok! Michael even conned me into doing the waterslide with all of the eight year olds, and it was actually fun. I'm clearly not old yet!

It's hard to believe we've only really been married two years. It feels like a lifetime ago, but in a totally good way. I feel like so much has changed in the past couple of years... well, okay. Everything changes when you get married and have a baby. But you know what I mean! Anyway, in spite of a nearly-foiled weekend on the monetary front (how can two adults both not bring along money?), the Lord gave us a beautiful time of reconnecting and refreshment. Still, we missed our little peanut like crazy! [She did fabulously for her Mops and Pops, by the way.]

Now Phoebe has a new hobby: trying to sleep on her tummy. Right now, she's unsure which she prefers: tummy, side, or back. So she's having a hard time getting settled down for her nap. Oh well! We're going to spend the day getting back in the swing of things... laundry, grocery store, some cooking... daily life is calling! Have a blessed Tuesday!

2 comments:

Michael Thomas said...

Dude, i'm counting on you to tell the "EMERGENCY" story. I'll change my picture when I get home.

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

I'm so thrilled that ya'll had such a good weekend!! And the "emergency"...that's just additional fun. We'll have to go on another lunch date before school starts...
-K