Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Big and Sweet

Well, I was tagged by Rachel, my MASH/Calculus study buddy from high school (who is expecting her baby to arrive anyminutenow), to list 8 random things about myself. So after some hemming and hawing, I figure I might as well get to it.

1. We call Jake (pictured at left) our "Bigsweet" and Phoebe our "Littlesweet". After hearing an elderly gentleman call his wife lovely his "Bittersweet" at the grocery store one day, Michael and I often call each other that in a loving way. When future children come along, they'll probably be "Littlestsweet." We are truly amazed at how sweet Jake is with Phoebe... sometimes a little too big and sweet, lavishing many kisses.

2. I wear sunglasses more often as a headband than as actual sunglasses. They're so much more comfortable, and much better at holding my wispy hairbits out of my face.

3. When it rains, or it's gray and drizzly outside, I like to call it a "Seattle Day". This comes from growing up in Seattle, where most days are actually gray and drizzly. Funny thing is, when Michael and I were in Washington for our honeymoon, we didn't see a single drop of rain or a single gray sky.

4. My new favorite hobby is figuring out how to make Phoebe laugh... I think she's still figuring out how to giggle!

5. I am really, really terrible about forgetting laundry in the washer. Often I'll start a load before leaving the house, and then, well... it slips my mind. I've had to rewash plenty of laundry in my days as a married woman. I'm sure our water bill isn't thankful! At least the clothes get clean eventually.

6. Michael and I will have been married for two years in a couple of weeks. It's hard to believe how much has changed in two short years, and although I never would've predicted Phoebe in the equation, I can't imagine it any other way. (We'll be going on a small getaway to celebrate, and Mops and Pops will be keeping the baby!)

7. I love spicy foods. The spicier, the better! When I was pregnant, one of my few cravings was chicken wings. I would have eaten them daily... and near the end of my pregnancy when I was diabetic, I pretty much did. It's a miracle I didn't have terrible heartburn.


8. I wish I had planted a garden this year. The timing didn't work out with Phoebs's arrival, but I am really missing those homegrown tomatoes and unending supply of basil. Everything always tasted better from the garden! Next year, I hope to plant bell peppers and cucumbers, in addition to the crop we planted last year. Then, Phoebe can help me dig around!

and one more, because it goes with the picture: I read almost in obsessive spurts. I'll go through a book in two days, and then go a few weeks without reading one, and then repeat the cycle. I do not know how to read slowly. I can't stand do not know how the book will turn out! Maybe Phoebe will be the same way!

1 comment:

j&bH said...

I MISS YOU!!!
dreadfully...horribly...terribly...incessantly...awfully...daily.

i love you...always and forever (note the inserted lame-o music reference...lol)

will call soon and hopefully visit soon after that...we'll see.
kiss the bean for me,
love, mare (aunt fave)