Thursday, August 7, 2008

Little Bug

Thanks to her Mops, Phoebe is totally into ladybugs. As in, she loves to point them out wherever she sees them, and often gets quite excited when she does. For example: when reading Lucy Cousins's Noah's Ark (I'd highly recommend!), Phoebe carefully searches out and points at the teeny tiny ladybug pairs on every page. It brings her a great amount of delight, and it does us too.

After our pooltime adventure the other night, we were searching for a clean t-shirt to throw on for supper, before getting her all jammied up. Initially I pulled out her ladybug shirt, but changed my mind since sauce and meatballs were on the menu. Phoebe was a little sad, especially since she'd had a chance to play with the antennae on the shirt, but I promised her she could wear it later this week.

I want Phoebe to know that we keep our promises, so even though she had forgotten the shirt... it was her sweet outfit for yesterday. When Michael came home, we needed to water the ferns out front; Phoebe was, no surprises here, delighted by the dripping overflow. We grabbed the camera, and I'm so glad we did...




Our Little Bug is getting to be a bigger Bug... I couldn't get over how big she looked in these pictures. We do love her dearly!

PS. I feel like I need to make sure credit goes where credit is due... I take very few pictures that appear on this blog! Many of you were very complimentary of the pictures from the other day. Most of the beautiful pictures you see here are the talent of my sweet husband. We are so blessed to have so many of our memories preserved in such a lovely way! If you would like to have him take pictures for you of your family, he loves to do them for friends! Let us know!

6 comments:

Carolynn said...

I LOVE that lady bug shirt! I saw that Phoebe was collecting a menagerie of outside goodies is her beloved little bucket. We just bought a plastic little shopping cart, complete with play food boxes for Callahan. We'll have to get them together to start playing "shopping". See you sometime soon! Love you all!

Huse Yo Mama said...

The hubby has a GREAT eye!! Those are great photos, yet again! I wish I had that talent!

Isn't it great that kids get such joy out of the little things!? I wish we adults still had that attitude!

Carolynn said...

He he he. Your comment made me giggle. I bought those CROCS wannabes at Walmart for 5 bucks! You should check them out! They were a great investment!

Anonymous said...

that is one cutie pie lovebug wearing ladybugs all over her tee! sure could scoop her right up and steal some sugar so sweet! in fact, give that dollie a BIG love from her mops and pops!

Unknown said...

what cute, precious pictures! phoebe is growing into such a beautiful young girl! look at that hair!! she is such a sweet girl. great to see pics! hope you're doing well!

Lauren said...

Your new little is going to look so tiny next to Phoebe! Michael's pictures are awesome. I love good photography