Friday, March 28, 2008

Praise the Lord!

I had planned on blogging something else today, but I can't help but blog this instead...

We always give Phoebe her vitamins while she's in the bath, since they taste terrible and inevitably drip out of her mouth a little bit, staining everything. Last night, she gagged a little bit and coughed -- so I said, "Phoebe, praise the Lord!" (Hoping that she would raise her hands, just like Mommy.) And she did!

Now, we've been working on all manner of signs since she mastered "more" and "all done", but have been met with minimal success. Occasionally, she'll raise her arms to "Praise the Lord", but only when she's in the mood. Last night, though, she did it every time we asked! Even when she was eating her bottle before bed, she raised one arm, on command. So precious! (I'm sure she didn't mind the vast applause received each time, either.)

We delight in knowing, most of all, that Phoebe is beginning to learn at a young age to praise Him for all things. Hopefully I'll be able to capture a picture of this precious event!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Praise the Lord! I will praise the Lord with my whole heart..." Ps 111:1

What a perfect time to teach that little heart to praise her Lord. Can hardly wait to see a picture of those tiny hands raised! her mops loves her so big!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!!

I can see her little arms extended in Praise, what a wonderful plan, "Train up a child in the way they should go"
Love Pops