Friends, I have a deadline.
For some reason, someone is interested in having me do some work for them. And since my deadline is Wednesday, I've been a little bit mentally preoccupied. I'll share more details if my work is accepted, but it's still an altogether exciting thing. You might want to pray that I can get my act together before then.
So in lieu of a real post while I'm busy working on other things... some random thoughts:
- The cravings are officially beginning. I poured some vinegar down the drain today to clear out an icky smell, and I immediately needed some salt and vinegar chips (something I loved while pregnant with Phoebe, too). Publix has stopped selling their brand of salt and vinegar, but I was able to find a single-serve bag of Zapp's in the deli section. I could've hugged the deli employee who showed me where they were. [Chips were not the only craveable item I bought today; pudding snacks and scads of fresh fruit also showed up in the buggy. At least there's something healthy on my craving list!]
- Phoebe dumped out an old bag of craft supplies onto the hardwoods today. This bag included loose glitter. We might be finding glitter for the next three months.
- Sandra Lee (of Semi-Homemade) was at the Puyallup Fair today when I woke up from my nap...and I enjoyed fond memories of the Puyallup Fair as a little girl. It also made me want some funnel cakes.
- Phoebe goes for her 1 year checkup tomorrow... and shots. Pray for us... not only does she have to go for the usual stuff, but we're re-running a test that we took the last time she was sick. It had an abnormal result, which was probably nothing (hence us waiting until her 1 year to revisit the test), but we'd like to pray anyway that it really is nothing. The test also can mean a longer visit at the pediatrician, so that alone is worthy of prayers! :)
- Would anyone like to come over and show me how to use my sewing machine sometime this week (or next)? I stumbled on pictures of "hacked" cardigans and homemade easter dresses, and I've decided it's been far too long since I figured out how to sew a seam. I am clueless and need major help, so patience would be a major must.
- And finally, for Pops to show off at work: