Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A New Perspective


We had such fun yesterday having a "new view" on things around our house. A new Target opened nearby a few weeks ago, so I took Phoebs to go check it out. Sadly, it's not a SuperTarget, but we still managed to find some fun things to come home with! My main mission was to return with a Bumbo seat. After much deliberation about the purchase of one of these, we decided it wasn't a waste of money if we used it with all of our children, not just baby #1. So we bought it.

Well, let's just say that Phoebs loves the chance to sit up and see things in a new way! We sat her on the counter (with intense supervision, of course) and she was totally into the coffee pot and canisters (not pictured). She kept playing with the closure on the canisters, and wanted to turn the pot around. Phoebe is such an explorer! I love to watch her discover new things... which she does, well, all the time.


Phoebe also got to accompany me to my old school to pick up a few things to get out of the new teacher's way before school starts. Since yesterday was a work day, all of my old teacher friends were there, and they enjoyed (I think) seeing how much Phoebe has grown since May, when I brought her to visit. They remarked at how happy and alert she is! It delighted me to see her bring such delight to others, when she brings so much to me all day long. It was fun to share! We were certainly adventurous yesterday... and we were pooped at the end of the day! Also, for the first time in a week, Phoebs slept really well. This cold of hers has had her waking up several times in the middle of the night congested and frustrated... it was wonderful to not get up at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 4:30... you get the picture.

Today, there are heat warnings all over the place, so we are staying indoors. I don't think it sounds like fun to go out in 110 degree, humid, nasty weather! We're such homebodies anyway, this won't be much of a change. But wholedays at home usually bring lots of pictures... so we'll see! It may be a two-update day!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carolynn said...

I like the duckie onesie too! Which explains the over abundance of pictures. I'm glad everyone is feeling better and sleeping better. I hope to get up to my school this week also. Kinda crazy that it is starting back up without us. I LIKE it though! Definitely...let's do lunch. What are you plans the rest of the week?

teachaman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j&bH said...

at first i thought "and we both pooped at the end of the day"...that was a close one. LOL.

can't wait to see you and "hang out" even thought i don't think i'll be over the need for a mary&rhoda girl-time fix without a solid weekend or so...