The last few days have been such a roller coaster ride for us. In five days we have welcomed a new baby, gone home, and then returned to the hospital. And can I tell you that the first hospital visit this week was a whole lot more fun than this one? I am having to remind myself that God loves me, and my family, more than I can imagine...and that above all, He is good, even if I don't understand what He's doing.
Michael gave a quick update last night, but here are the pertinent details:
- Nora spiked a fever yesterday afternoon, and the pediatrician sent us straight to Children's.
- In the ER, they tested her blood, urine, and spinal fluid. They also swabbed her eyes, nose, and mouth. They are culturing all of these, but early tests reveal no serious infections.
- Nora is being treated with broad spectrum antibiotics, just in case this is a yucky bacterial infection. We won't know for sure for a couple of days, and chances are this is a virus; still, we'd rather be cautious and over-treat her.
- Nora still has a fever as of right now (100.5), and that is with doses of Tylenol every four hours.
- Michael and I both are staying at the hospital; Mops is at home with Phoebe. (She was already here trying to help us get adjusted to family-of-four life.)
- I think Nora is the biggest trooper of us all, rarely complaining and sleeping better than either Michael or me.
I'll update more as I know more. I imagine we'll be seeing a doctor sometime this morning.