Monday, October 20, 2008

Brief Notes

Today was our first day without any help... and nobody died. When I was teaching, our goal for the first day of school was always to just send the kids home alive; my goal for today was for me to make it to bedtime alive. And here we are.

I'm too tired to be eloquent or to go to the desktop to pull up some cute pictures of Nora. Here are a few notes on today, for posterity's sake:
  • Nora likes to be held. A lot. She had a pretty fussy period from 9 to 12:30 this morning, but Mama's arms did the trick.
  • I've eaten all kinds of crow with this second child. (More on that one another time.)
  • I cried more than either of the girls today, and that's saying a lot. However, my crying was limited to the hours of 9 to 1:00.
  • The afternoon was a lot better than the morning.
  • Both girls miraculously napped at the same time for about an hour and a half.
  • My MobyWrap came in the mail today, and Nora loves it. I think that I will love it too. (Remember that crow that I ate? This is some of it.)
I'd like to journal more, but I'm amazed that I'm still awake. So goodnight!

5 comments:

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

Glad to hear you (and your girls) are still alive! I'm so glad to hear you got a MobyWrap (and that Nora loves it). Caedmon still loves ours...Hope to talk to you soon!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Phoebe and Nora's mommy!!!! Enjoy all the blessings Father has for you today, I pray you will recognize even the smallest and be filled with joy! You are so precious in HIS sight, my darling daughter, and in ours! Love you so soBIG! Mops Now, I really do have to get busy cookin' !

April said...

Aren't those hormones something? Mazie and I would just cry together in those early weeks! LOL. Sometimes we still do.

I got the Moby Wrap too and it worked well in those early weeks when Mazie wanted to be held all the time. Now she doesn't want to be held. It will be nice to have your hands free for Phoebe.

Hang in there, and it looks like it's your birthday, so a big Happy Birthday!!

~April

Kelly said...

What, is today your birthday?! How did I miss that?! Anyways, I'm glad that you made it through yesterday! I love your Teacher reference, and I've had many a days recently where my goal was just to make it through the day! I am so glad that everyone is doing well! I wish I could just come over and hold Nora for you while you did other things...probably take a nap! :D Anyways, miss you, and I'm looking forward to the day that I'll get to meet Nora!...whenever that will be...maybe I should get married again-to Andy! :D

Erin said...

Glad to hear that you are home and little Nora is well and that you survived your first day at home by yourself. I survived my first day last week. It wasn't easy but everyone was alive and fed so that's what counts!