Our little waterbaby loves the water. Oh, I had my suspicions from the way she loves to splash in the bath. But oh my goodness. Even though the water was frigid, Phoebs loves just floating around and kicking. She got to try out sand today, too. [Note: by "try out", I mean feel, touch, kick, and eat.] We were a little unsure of the ocean because of jellyfish lurking in the tide, but we've got plenty of time to get in it!
Yesterday was also Phoebe's 7 month day. Seven months! And in the last week, she has changed tremendously! I can't even imagine what she'll be doing at eight months. We do not have a picture with an Edgar's strawberry cake, but mom is making me a birthday cake this week while at the beach, so I'm sure we'll have a family picture then. :) Anyway, here's an update on all the exciting things that Phoebe is doing at 7 months:
- sitting with great confidence for as long as she pleases
- "creeping" across the room... she does this great push-slide-shove thing that works for her to get things that she wants... jake, glasses, shoes, whatever.
- pushing up onto her knees and rocking back and forth (she's going to be a crawler soon, I can tell!)
- babbling -- she started this yesterday -- saying "blah, blah, blah", seriously!
- eating cheerios, rice puffs, and little bits of whatever food we want to share with her (Mops may have given a bite of doughnut, and Pops may have let her try some cobbler...) with great enthusiasm
- manipulating her toys with hands, and not just her mouth
- understanding sign for more and all done, but not signing yet on her own
- trying to pull up (unsuccessfully), but leading to a lower crib
- chewing on ice in her "Popsicle", but not showing signs of teeth
- sleeping like a champ both during the day and at night
- delighting all those around her!