Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Diana Is Invited to Tea with Tragic Results

October is my absolute favorite month of the year. I adore fall, and usually by the end of October, fall has ushered itself right on in -- whether the south approves or not. Anyway, I'm reading for the first time ever, if it can be believed, Anne of Green Gables. And I'm loving it. Anne is absolutely hilarious, and I pray that my little girl is half as imaginative. I believe that this will be a bedtime read aloud of the best kind, when she's just a little bit older.

Anyway, here's what Anne has to say about October:
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?"

As for that Diana? Well, let's just say that an October tea ended up with Diana flat drunk off currant wine. Whoops!

3 comments:

Michael Thomas said...

Novel Nerd.

<3

Mrs. Olsen said...

I love that series! I remember I read it one summer, sitting on my beanbag, eating sourpunch ropes.

j&bH said...

i can't believe you have never read that book!!! i have read the entire series at least 3 times (as a whole) and the first, second, third, and last book at least 5 times a piece... it's my favorite and honestly, i feel like the books are totally integrated into my life...my brain has adapted to that kind of thinking and ideas...

:) next time you come home and we have a few hours...i'm totally introducing you to my favorite rainy day indulgence movies... (anne of green gables & anne of avonlea)

love you