At fifteen months, Nora...
- still has six teeth, unless one has broken through in the last two days. I'm not worried -- they'll all get here eventually!
- is about to bid farewell to her morning nap. Although she takes an hour long nap in the morning with great success, her afternoon nap can be frustrating for her. I will probably start working on her nap-dropping in the next couple of weeks. (I would much rather her take one good afternoon nap than two mediocre naps when her sister arrives in less than two months!)
- walks, runs, dances, and twirls with gusto. Nora learned to twirl to music right before Christmas, and I'm pretty sure it's the cutest little move she's got.
- loves music. She loves for us to sing songs, particularly ones with hand motions. Her favorites are the Itsy Bitsy Spider and Jesus Loves Me, and she attempts to do the motions for both of those. But really, Nora loves any music and will dance along enthusiastically.
- is in full-on "Wanderer Babbler" mode. She loves to wander...and babble...all day long. After weekends, Nora particularly likes to babble "Dada..." as she looks for him around the house.
- is talking more, although I can't seem to think of any new words. She will attempt to repeat almost any word. She was a doll trying to say "applesauce" today...
- is working on being more independent, although it's SUCH a process with her. She's so social, blanket time and playpen time have been quite a challenge. Mommy's priority for the month is really extending the amount of time Nora will spend by herself... as in, getting her to go longer than fifteen minutes successfully.
- now enjoys using crayons and pencils, and appears to be favoring her left hand. (We've suspected left-handedness for a while now.) Nora also got to paint for the first time this month, and she only tried to eat the brush once. Success!
- LOVES to put laundry away. I've busted her three more times pulling laundry out of the hamper and putting it away in her bottom drawer.