Monday, April 27, 2009

Nora's Baptism





This Sunday, we celebrated the sacrament of baptism with our sweet Eleanor Mae. I was honestly overwhelmed as I stood there with Michael, affirming our commitment to
"endeavoring to set before our children a godly example, to pray with and for them, to teach our children the doctrines of our holy religion, and to strive, by all the means of God's appointment, to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord".

We echo the prayers of our pastor that Nora will, at an early age, place her trust in her Savior, who awaits her with eager and open arms.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen...we rejoice with you, our rosie, anticipating with gladness the plans Father has for Nora Mae and Phoebe Kate...thank you for delicious meals and sweet moments to treasure in my heart always...mama

ann said...

Beautiful! I must tell you that your previous post so touched my heart and I praise the Lord for Him answering prayer. I am encourgaged by this sweet sweet story when I think how many have prayed for Phoebe, even before we met her. When we sang Holy, Holy, Holy in church yesterday, my heart again was touched and when we sang it without the accompaniment of our cherished orchestra...I could not help but think of you and Phoebe curled up so tight...and tears accopanied my shakey voice. I finally just closed my eyes, threw my head back and listened to the glorious voices of the saints.
Thanks for sharing these precious pictures... a day of celebration for sure. God Bless and much love, ann and the loving resort crew!

Unknown said...

what a special time in your lives!