I've learned, in the last three months, that you really do forget all those great things that you learn the first time around. I can't tell you how many things I've had to re-learn this time around...and I'll probably have to re-learn next time, too!
Here are a few things Nora is up to these days. Nora is...
- sleeping through the night, most all the time. (She started on Christmas Eve...what a great Christmas gift!) We typically feed her around 10:30, and then she will wake up around 7:30 the next morning. I am getting up with her about once a night to give her a paci; she'll typically go right back to sleep. (That said, last night I was up with her three different times.)
- eating 3-4 ounces at a meal, every 3 hours.
- still having some tummy troubles. Lately, she's been shrieky-fussy while eating, and we're starting to see some return of her reflux symptoms (which were managed beautifully with Zantac). We just changed her medicine today to a higher dose, so we're hoping that helps!
- napping with relative predictability, even if it doesn't look quite the way I'd want it to. At least I know when she's only going to nap for 30 minutes, right?
- about the happiest baby I've ever met. Seriously. She is so easygoing and sweet. She is pretty much content wherever she is, but still especially loves to be held. Or naked. Or in the bath.
- easily excited, especially by bright colors and faces. She kicks and squeals with fervor.
- extremely talkative. She is seldom quiet! Love it!
7:45 - Wake up, eat, tag along with Mommy and Phoebe to get dressed/clean up the kitchen/etc.
9:15 - Nap
10:00 - Wake up, Mommy usually tries to get her to go back to sleep...or at least stay in the crib until mealtime
10:45 - Eat, tag along some more, blanket time
12:15 - Nap
1:15 - Wake up, Mommy tries to get her to stay in the crib until mealtime... (notice a pattern?)
1:45 - Eat, special time with Mommy
3:15 - Nap (this is her best nap of the day, most days)
4:45 - Wake up and eat, tag along time, family time
6:15 - Catnap
7:00 - Wake up, family time (Bible, prayer, getting Phoebe in bed), bath
7:45 - Eat, try to get her to go to sleep
8:30 (if we're lucky!) - Bedtime
10:30 - Dream Feed
Bedtime is still a little bit of a struggle. She goes down great for naps, most of the time, but nighttime has always been harder. It dawned on me yesterday that we weren't doing much of a nighttime routine, so I'm trying to bring that in to her evening. Tonight, I rocked her and sang to her until she got drowsy; it was a little more successful, and a lot less stressful for me. We'll see!
Since this is officially a novel, I'm going to close up shop on the 3 Month Update. More to come soon, I promise! (And I mean it, too!)