I had forgotten how much fun it is to have a seven-month-old in the house! At this age, so much personality is showing and she is such fun to play with. And on top of that, schedules are, for the most part, predictable. Most days, I feel like I can breathe again; it's a beautiful thing
I can also tell that I'm starting to miss having an itty bitty in the house. I figured the Baby Fever would start right around the time Jim and Carolynn have their new little one; it looks like my predictions were right, since little Evans will be here in just a few short weeks!
But at seven months, Nora is such a sweet little sunshine to have around! At seven months, Nora is...
- taking two naps a day. Much to my sorrow, we dropped her late afternoon nap a few weeks ago. She'd take it every day if we let her...but then she'd also not be able to go to bed until 9. (This sometimes makes for some fussy suppertimes.) Her morning nap is 1 1/2 - 2 hours long and her afternoon nap is 2 - 2 1/2 hours long.
- sleeping from 7pm to about 7 or 7:30am.
- still a great eater. I've been slower to introduce new foods than I was with Phoebs, but she has liked just about everything we've given her. We've also introduced her to the world of Cheerios, which she thinks is about the greatest thing ever.
- sitting confidently on her own. She still flops over every so often, but she can generally sit and play for extended periods of time.
- scooting mysteriously around her crib. When she's on the floor, I really don't see her try to move much. But when we get her up from naps or in the morning, it's clear that Nora has taken herself a trip around her little space.
- possibly teething? I am notoriously bad about "crying wolf" when it comes to teeth... so don't listen to me. I have no idea.
- in love with anything "Taggie". Nora still has busy hands, and is great at playing with toys now (although she does love to explore with her mouth, too!).
- loves to be around her sister. Fortunately, the feeling is mutual! Yesterday, the two of them had some sweet playtime with puzzles while I fixed lunch. Phoebe is starting to see Nora as a playmate, which is great fun for all!
At 7 months, Phoebe was already pretty mobile -- almost crawling, actually -- so I'm thankful we're not having to walk that road yet!
We are so in love with our little Norabelle. Our family is better for having her in it, and she is a daily source of joy for all of us! Happy Seven Month Day, Nora!