Thursday, December 4, 2008

Delight

My girls have been utterly delightful these past couple of days. Or maybe it's just me? I'm not sure. I do know that my specific prayer each morning has been that the Lord would give me eyes to see the sweetness of my "everyday"; He has done just that.

Phoebe has been especially fun. She's been quite the chatterbox (although I'm not quite sure what she's saying), and she's doing new things at a rapid clip. Just today, she surprised me by doing adorable little hand motions to a song about David and Goliath on our Wee Sing CD... I have no idea where she got them from, either! (They were totally appropriate for the song, too.) Also, finger painting was a smashing success -- especially considering the last time I tried to get her to finger paint it sent her into a panic. We've had so many sweet moments that I, like Mary, am treasuring up in my heart.

Nora, too, has been a delight. She's just started smiling (although not very often), and she seems to be more settled these days. We're loving getting to know her; she is such a sweet, sweet little girl!

Anyway, I'm behind on so many things right now... but I just felt like I needed to get it down on "paper" that things have been good here lately. I'm so thankful that the Lord has allowed us a couple of good days in a row; it has been like medicine for my weary heart!

3 comments:

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

so good to hear!!

Anonymous said...

He knows what we need, when we need it! Praise Him, indeed! Blesses my heart to hear how He blesses your heart...He is faithful! "And the child...grew in stature, and in favor both with the Lord and [mama!]" Give big, big hugs and sweet, sweet kisses to your little girls from mops! loving my thomases always!

The Sinks said...

haha, before I saw Kimberly's comment, my comment was simply going to be: "So glad to hear!"