Wednesday, July 16, 2008

28 Weeks

If you're holding your breath for a belly picture, you'd better hold it a little longer. Because it takes forever for my belly to look more pregnant and less beer gut, I'm waiting until at least thirty-some weeks to share it with the interweb. Sorry!

I did indeed have my routine checkup yesterday, and everything was... routine. In fact, I think it was the fastest I'd ever had an appointment there (and they are usually quite efficient). Everything looked good -- heart beat, belly growth, blood pressure, etc.

I have been having some moderate hip pain for the past couple of weeks, especially in my left hip. On Sunday, while teaching our little ones, I made the wise decision to sit in a preschool-sized chair. Doing so popped my hip out of place...whoops! Dr. D has suggested that I take breaks from doing things when I can to see if it helps; otherwise, if it continues for the next couple of weeks, I'm headed to physical therapy. Yikes!

The other exciting news of my appointment is that I am now starting the every-two-week visit cycle. Somehow, I'm already to the third trimester of this? I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is progressing. We have done nothing to prepare for Nora's arrival... so I guess I'd better get moving!

And speaking of moving, Michael and I are heading out of town tonight to celebrate our third anniversary. Mops and Pops will be keeping Phoebe for four days as we go on a getaway adventure. We're very excited to have some alone time and do some exploring together; we will, however, miss our critter! We're bringing the laptop, so we may decide to blog... otherwise, I'll return next week!

8 comments:

whippetmom said...

Have a happy anniversary!! I can't believe Nora will be here so soon! Crazy :)!!!

Erin said...

Glad to hear everything was "routine". That is better than surprises. I can't believe how time is flying either and we haven't done much around here to get ready for our little one either. At least you already have lots of girl stuff.

Unknown said...

have a great time on your trip!

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary! 3 years and 2 kids...wow you stay busy!

Kelly said...

well, I am holding my breath :) I love to see YOU, preggo belly or not! Where are you going for your anniversary? I hope you have a great time! Andy and I are headed to Destin on the 26th with his family, and I can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! And have a wonderful and relaxing time! Love, the Potter fam p.s. looks like other members of The Resort beat us to the blog! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet friend... I meant to call you before your trip... I am praying that you guys will have a GREAT time...I'll give you a ring when you get back in town... have fun!!--jenny pruitt

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say a BIG thank-you for entrusting your little "critter" to mops and pops for 4 special days. It has been a perfect delight, especially to Pops...he gets time with her way less than me, and she seems to have appreciated getting to know her wonderfully fabulous Pops a little better...she has had great fun "squeeking" around Panera each morning playing "hide an seek" with her Pops. We will miss her presence greatly, but our hearts rejoice that she will be in the precious arms of her ma-ma and da-da in just a few short hours...those heartstrings (between parent and child) remain so very strong throughout life. Anyway, welcome home my dear thomases...praying for your reunion to be the BEST! Big, big love...