Monday, November 30, 2009

On Bodily Functions

The other night, I was straight up exhausted. Michael had to go out after dinner to do some work and Nora's nights were still pretty rotten, so I begged off dish duty and Michael graciously sent me to bed to rest for a half hour or so before he had to leave.

Phoebe was playing with babies while Michael cleaned up the kitchen, and this was the conversation I overheard:

Michael: Oh, Phoebe! Are you feeding your baby some juice?
Phoebe: Yes!
Michael: What happens to juice after the baby drinks it? Do you need to change her diaper?
Phoebe: No, I think she throw up.

I couldn't help but crack up from my bed. That, my friends, is a sign there's been too much throw up in the house. We so thank the Lord that that stomach bug is gone. (It's been gone for a while...but really, we talk about throw up at least once a day now.) I'm praying we see no more throw up for, well, a very long time.

3 comments:

j&bH said...

LOL...i'm sure you smile all day long. :)

Kelly said...

lol, i'm sorry you've had so much throw up at your house! does not sound fun!

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

What no more courtesies?