Friday, December 28, 2007

Purge

First of all, to Dad:  This post will be without a picture.  I am SO sorry, but I'm using Michael's laptop!  Thank you for so faithfully reading our blog... we love you!!

So, Christmas was wonderful.  We were blessed so richly this Christmas, but the blessings really made me want to get things organized so everything could find itself a home.  This has, of course, been a long time coming.  I don't know that I ever REALLY organized after moving in, but rather just "made do", what with teaching, pregnancy while teaching, and the arrival of Phoebe Kate.  Also, I was extremely motivated to find a home for my new toy and homemaking essential, the sewing machine my sweetheart surprised me with.  

Anyway, what started out as a simple clean-out-the-closet project turned into a full-on clean house project.  Things had been neglected in the weeks leading to Christmas, so I certainly had a lot to do.  But after sending several items to the giveaway or garbage heap and better utilizing the space I have... wow!  The closets have plenty of room to spare, I'm in the process of freshening up the guest room, and best of all -- the sewing machine is up!  If only I knew how to actually use it!

My sweet husband has also been purging away, and has completely made over the garage.  It looks dynamite!  I'm practically giggling at the mostly empty shelves ready for purposeful storage!  The purging feels pretty good!

If only I'd remembered that fact while eating all of the goodies over Christmas!  (JUST KIDDING, Mom!)


No comments: