Friday, March 18, 2011

I Got Nothin'


Every time I open the dishwasher -- whether it is to load or unload it -- this little Mouse will drop whatever she is doing, even if it's on the other side of the house, to come help.  If I want to load, I have to do it lightning quick; she grabs dirty forks out by the handful.  Which, actually, is really handy when I'm unloading.    

This precious little wanderer-babbler is always up in the middle of the action, whatever it is, making all sorts of sweet Mouse Mischief.  And y'all, I'm beat.  I laid down this afternoon to take a nap, and I felt like I was just completely at the end of myself.  Too tired to do, well, most anything.  I'm daunted by even the daily tasks most days, and the past few weeks have just been an exhausting whirlwind.  But as I drifted off to sleep, I was reminded:

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2 Corinthians 12:9

It is so, so hard to be weak... I am so thankful for His sufficient, daily, powerful grace.

2 comments:

Bianchi said...

:) glad to see you got a nap...
silver lining!
LOVE, fave

Duski said...

You are such a blessig to your family, Sarah! I totally get the dishwasher thing...I have decided it's much easier to 1)load when John's eating a snack pinned in his high chair and 2)gladly welcome his "help" with unloading, after I clear the DW of all the sharp objects, of course! :)