Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snow Princesses

Other folks in the state have had real snow this winter, but our "snow" has really been mostly ice pellets.  We've been envious of Mops and Pops, who had snow for something like days, and Phoebe had been talking for weeks about, "building a snow princess the next time we get snow."  I didn't want to break her heart by telling her that snow around these parts is pretty rare... but I assured her that we would, in fact, build a snow princess the next time we got snow.

Well, I was delighted to discover a few weeks ago that snow had arrived!  Unfortunately, that was after one of Ruthie's worst nights on record (at the onset of miserable cold #3), and I felt like I needed to take her in to the pediatrician to rule out an ear infection.  I was sleep deprived and really not feeling like being a fun mommy... so honestly, we didn't even go out to play. 

But when Daddy came home for lunch, he made good on his promise to help build his girl a snow princess...

...and we were all delighted with the result!  Our snow princess hung around for another day or so, and we eventually moved her to the front porch so we could observe her melting.  And then, we did what everyone does with a melting snowman.

 
Batting practice.




I really can't say who had more fun.  Michael obviously loved the chance to smash snowballs into zillions of pieces, but the big girls were really quite delighted to play "football" with Daddy.  And Ruthie thought it was great fun to have snowballs smash into the glass while she watched. 

And honestly, I thought it was great that I got to be the casual observer and not get all wet and cold!

No comments: