At sixteen months old, Ruthie is...
- a champion sleeper. She does fine if she misses her morning nap, but clearly prefers to take two naps each day. I've noticed her talking a little more in her crib before settling down, both before her naps and before bedtime, but she seldom fusses. She loves to sleep with a Mousie (or two, if there's a rogue one in there), her nay-nay, and at least one blankie. Nibbles is usually on board as well.
- still the proud owner of six teeth. Teeth, oh teeth, where art thou? She is officially the slowest to get her teeth. (I think I will weep when those bottom teeth finally come in; her little smile is oh-so-adorable!)
- saying lots of words, but seldom repeating. Some fun new words she's saying are ball, duck, bug, moon (to request Goodnight Moon) and Anna (for a character in one of the books she loves). She also seems to understand more of what we're saying her, and she jabbers a pretty good bit. The big girls love to try to teach her new words -- usually names of princesses. Ruthie also loves to give us a good, earsplitting shriek every now and again.
- very determined to feed herself, and much prefers to eat with a fork or spoon than with her fingers. She's fairly accurate, too, although she is incredibly messy.
- twirling and flying on command.
- still uninterested in longer story books and anything that requires sitting still for a significant amount of time. Ruthie is almost always on the go!
- lavish with kisses and, now that she's mastered them, nose-noses.
Oh, how I am so in love with this sixteen month old Mouse. She keeps me on my toes and my knees and fills my heart to overflowing.