Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little Hugs

Nora is our resident comedienne.  I really believe she seeks to do and say things that will make us laugh.  And she's pretty good at it!  I am not naturally funny, and it's pretty difficult to make me laugh -- but Nora succeeds often.  She does and says some pretty ridiculous things.


Back around Christmastime, we watched Frosty the Snowman a few times.  When the children are naming Frosty, one of the suggestions is "Oatmeal".  Well, somehow Nora really remembered that and now, out of the blue, she'll say "Oatmeal" in this high-pitched, precious voice.  She literally cannot say that word without trying to be silly with it; just last night she requested oatmeal for breakfast, just so she could say her funny little word.  She'll even occasionally do it on command for Pops. Over four months later, it just keeps getting funnier.

Nora also loves to take notice of Mommy's hair.  If my hair is in a ponytail (which is pretty often, since we walk daily and, well, I do have three small children...) Nora will look at me with her concerned little eyes and say, "Mommy, why is your hair not pretty?"  Every time.  Although I've tried to explain that a ponytail doesn't necessarily mean icky hair, she's pretty spot on.  But the precious reward is that, if she notices that my hair is down (even if it isn't exactly pretty!), she'll say, "Oh, Mommy!  Your hair is so pretty!"  And I pretty much want to eat her when she says that.

When we tuck our little Nora in at night, she's also come to request different-sized hugs.  There are little hugs (where we barely touch her little arms) and big hugs (which are the biggest hugs we can give that tiny little body).  She wants one of each, and she often isn't content to be tucked in until that request has been filled.  I secretly crack up every time I give her a little hug.  We often try to make the little hug as little as possible.  She thinks this is a grand arrangement, and it keeps us lingering at her bed just a little longer.

I am so thankful that God saw fit to give us such a funny little person.  Nora is a delight, and she is an expert at making us all laugh. 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You have three gorgeous children